Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Autumn walk with Monty and MayB

This week, in preparing my soul for winter, Monty and I went for a walk to soak in the warm air, fall colours, and Halloween decorations.  I have loved Halloween forever.  Free candy and dressing up? Greatest ever.  Not to mention, fall is my time of year. Cute sweaters, fingerless gloves, and long pants are my happy place.  Not to mention the colours.  The colours!!

Untitled
A dilapidated old alley looks gorgeous in fall.
I cannot say enough about how much I love the colours in fall.  Greens are so beautiful, reds and oranges so fiery.  The smells of the cool crisp air. I fall in love with fall (tee hee) every year. 

So does Monty.  There are so many interesting things to roll in in the fall when you're a dog. We've lived in our rental for 3 months and he's found 5 dead or smelly things to roll in.  He's spent less time off leash in the last 3 months than ever before and rolled in more dead things. The dead gopher the other day was the icing on the cake. 

Untitled
You can't see his face, but he's super happy.
The neighbourhood is so lovely. Until now, we've lived in a fairly new area and will be doing so again in the spring.  I had forgotten how awesome it is to be around full trees that shed into gorgeous colours every autumn.  
Untitled
A little whimsy on a lawn
Monty and I wandered around and I took pictures of everything.  I'm sure the neighbourhood watch was losing it, because a few times I got really close and even crouched on the lawn for a shot or two. The police likely got calls about a weird woman and her dog "casing" the neighbourhood.

Untitled
I love the colour of her watering can.
I've been trying to catch the above picture of the watering can so beautifully placed for the entire time we've lived in this neighbourhood.  Finally, I stopped being coy, wandered onto the lawn, set up shop, and took a billion pictures. I love the way it sits there like a part of the decor. 

Untitled
Boo!
I love the Halloween decorations -- not the scary, gory, disgusting ones, but the ones with a good sense of humour and childlike wonder.  I wish I was able to bring out all my Halloween decorations this year (including the puppet version of Spike from Angel!) but it's all packed up in storage.  Instead, I am making do by wandering the streets and picking my favourite houses.  The dog doesn't care as long as he gets a walk.

Next year, I am going to go to town with decorating.  This year though, I picked up these adorable window stickers and that will be my extent of decorating.

Untitled
MayB and The Guy in cartoon form?
I did, however, get a costume for Monty.  He was not thrilled.  I dressed him up to meet The Guy at the door after work and The Guy gave me the same look the dog is giving me in this picture.

31d1f2a5-dadd-4d8d-9ecd-2d83e8c7bd7a
Plotting my death.
Party poopers.  Both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As much as I like to hear myself talk, I like to hear from you too!